We are currently recruiting for young musicians who play specific instruments to apply to become members of Britten Sinfonia Academy for the 2017-18 season.
DO YOU PLAY?
VIOLIN | VIOLA | DOUBLE BASS | OBOE | BASSOON | HORN | TRUMPET
• A secondary-school aged musician
• Grade 8 standard or above
• A dynamic and passionate musician willing to challenge themselves, explore and take risks
• Willing to travel to courses across the East of England including Cambridge, Norwich, Saffron Walden and London
YES? APPLY FOR BRITTEN SINFONIA ACADEMY
Britten Sinfonia Academy is a dynamic ensemble for talented young musicians from the East of England. Over six immersive courses each academic year, members work side by side with professional musicians from Britten Sinfonia developing the skills and exploring the artistry for which the orchestra is renowned. You can find out more about Britten Sinfonia Academy here Challenges include:
– Playing and performing without a conductor in some of the UK’s top concert halls
– Performing a range of repertoire from orchestral to chamber and Baroque to Brand-new
– Working with internationally renowned guest artists
– Improvising, composing and exploring new music
– Developing leadership, performance and advocacy skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply you must submit:
1. A completed application available online here or as a PDF to download here
2. A completed teacher’s statement* available online here or as a PDF to download here
*In order to fully complete your application your instrumental teacher must submit a short paragraph for you before the deadline on 25 August 2017.
If using the PDF formats please email completed forms to email@example.com or submit by post to 13 Sturton Street, Cambridge, CB1 2SN.
Applications must be submitted by Friday 25 August 2017
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
If your application is successful you will be invited to audition in Cambridge on Sunday 10th September, between 2-5pm.
You will be asked to:
– play two contrasting pieces lasting no more than 8 minutes altogether – an accompanist will be provided
– play a short orchestral extract from a selection that you will be sent to prepare in advance
– play a short sight reading task
More information regarding the audition process will be given once applications have been received.
Any queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01223 558504.
Previous applicants to BSA 2017-18 need not reapply.