We are currently recruiting for young musicians who play specific instruments to apply to become members of Britten Sinfonia Academy for the 2018-19 season. Participants will develop their chamber music skills through a range of exciting ensemble projects and receive expert mentoring from Britten Sinfonia musicians and work alongside key guest artists from our main season.
Who can apply?
We are currently recruiting for: viola | double bass | oboe | bassoon | horn
We welcome applicants who play one of the above instruments and:
– Are secondary school aged
– Are Grade 8 standard or above
– Live in the east of England
– Are dynamic and passionate musicians willing to challenge themselves
– Are willing to travel to courses across the east of England including Cambridge, Norwich, Saffron Walden and London
How to apply
You must submit:
In order to fully complete your application your instrumental teacher must submit a short paragraph for you. Your application is only complete once both of these forms have been received before the deadline on Friday 18 May 2018.
Should you require a pdf version of the application form, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to supply accordingly.
Auditions will be held on Sunday 15th July and you must be available for this date.
Auditionees will be asked to:
– play two contrasting pieces lasting no more than 8 minutes altogether
– play a short orchestral extract from a selection that you will be sent to prepare in advance
– play a short sight reading task
– take part in a group audition
For further information please read the Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about Britten Sinfonia Academy here
Any queries contact [email protected] or call 01223 341019.